Angle Vale is quickly developing and building on its outstanding mix of town and country with the announcement of the new “birth to Year 12” super school. The innovative design has a capacity of 1675 students with 1500 from Reception to Year 12, plus 100 places for students with disabilities and a further 75 places in an early childhood centre. Work on this project will start soon and with an expected opening date of 2022.
So, take advantage of the proximity of Burgundy Estate to this exciting new facility as well as the existing Trinity College, 5 childcare centres and the Angle Vale Village Shopping Centre being centrally located.
It is great to see a 300-seat performing arts centre and an entrepreneurial hub as well as the facility meeting a 5 Green Star rating under the Ecologically Sustainable Development (ESD) principles.
Key features of the design include:
- a modern and contemporary learning environment with strong connections between internal and external learning spaces
- a focus on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) studies to educate students for jobs of the future
- integration and connection, providing unique learning and teaching environments for children, students and staff from birth all the way up to year 12
- design to allow community use, creating an inclusive and accessible hub
- expansive outdoor facilities designed for community use outside of school hours, including courts, an open gymnasium and sporting fields
- a 300-seat performing arts centre and an entrepreneurial hub
- Ecologically Sustainable Development (ESD) principles that meet a 5-green star rating.
Construction is scheduled to start in early 2020 with the schools opening in term 1, 2022.